Ways to qualify for fee remission
If you claim any Income Related Benefits you will be eligible for fee remission. This means you will get your course for free, or at a reduced cost.
- you claim JSA (Job Seeker's Allowance), or
- you claim ESA (Employment and Support Allowance), or
- you claim Universal Credit.
You must provide your National Insurance number when booking.
- you earn less than £494 per month (not including benefits), or
- have a joint benefit claim and earn less than £782 per month,
- you claim Council Tax Reduction, or you are dependent on someone who claims Council Tax Reduction.
This does not include a single occupancy discount.
- you claim Working Tax Credit,
- you claim Income Support,
- you claim Pension Guarantee Credit,
- you claim, or are dependent on someone who claims, Housing Benefit,
- you are claiming Asylum in the UK. You will need:
- to have been a resident in the UK for six months or more
- have an Application Registration Card (ARC) or Standard Acknowledgement letter (SAL)
- a current Asylum Support Agreement from UK Visas and Immigration.
Please note: There could be other criteria based on where you live, or the course you are wanting to join. You must also meet general eligibility requirements, such as being over 19 years of age.
If you have low wages, you can also claim fee remission: Learn more here.