If you are:
- working, or
- self-employed, and
- studying up to and including a Level 2 qualification
Then you can be eligible for fee remission.
This does depend on your income, and where you live. If you live in the areas or Mayoral Combined Authorities listed below, this is the maximum you can earn to qualify for fee remission:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority: £21,000
- Greater London Authority: £23,302.50
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority: £20,888
- Liverpool City Region Combined Authority: £21,225
- North of Tyne Combined Authority: £19,305
- South Yorkshire Combined Authority: £21,255
- West Midlands Combined Authority: £30,000
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority: £21,255
- West of England Combined Authority: £21,255
If you do not live in one of the areas listed above, you qualify for ESFA funding, and your maximum is £20,319.00.
When you book, we will show the threshold applicable to you.
You will need to complete a Low Wage Declaration and submit proof of your income when booking.
This could be in the form of:
- a payslip dated within 3 months of the course start date, or
- a current employment contract that shows your gross salary.
If you are self-employed and on a low income you could provide :
- a copy of your latest tax return, or
- personal tax calculation/computation statement from HMRC, or
- a statement of your accounts, or
- an accountant’s letter, or
- a copy of your annual tax summary
If you are on benefits, you can also claim fee remission. Learn more here.