Come and join our online community group; Families Get Active where we inspire each other to find creative ways to get even fitter as a family.
We work with qualified tutors so that you can exercise without worrying about childcare or high cost memberships. We understand that exercising can be expensive and we find free or low costs ways to get fit.
- We offer 1:1 support with Alice our Project Co-ordinator who will guide you through your family fit journey.
- Alice is also available to deliver talks to small groups of people subject to current Covid restrictions
- We have fantastic prizes to families who inspire others to get active and carry on our Active Family Legacy
We know that happy parents = happy children! Have a look below to see the courses we have available.
We are always finding ways to deliver inclusive content and can provide written worksheets or audio files to accompany our video classes. If you cannot make the date do not worry as all our classes are available as a download, but please still register first via the email address below:
Some examples of our courses:
- Weight management and wellbeing support
- Outdoor Printmaking
- Couch to 5K download
- Charity 10k Virtual Run with Mind
- Christmas Crafts
- Puppetry and Drama
- Walking in York
- Dance your way through the decades
The WEA are now moving slowly back to face to face events. If you are an organisation and would like us to deliver a family course in your setting please contact us at the email address above.
Our calendar of events is moving into 2021, learn more here by searching our Facebook site here. You can also listen to our recent interview with BBC Radio York here.