Our DLS fund is here to help
The Discretionary Learner Support (DLS) fund can help us support you with:
- tuition and examination fees
- books and equipment
- travel – we offer support for travel for exceptional circumstances
- childcare (note, WEA support services must approve this)
The DLS support fund is for learners from a household income below £21,000 (this is £21,547.50 in Greater London only).
- You will need to meet residency requirements for fee remission
- You also need to prove that financial difficulties will stop you following or completing your course.
Below are DLS forms for each area. Complete the one most relevant to you. Each form has helpful notes which explain the eligibility and approval processes, and where to send the forms to once you have completed it. All forms should be completed before course start and within two weeks of the course start date.
ESFA courses (Not part of a Mayoral Combined Authority or you don't live in any of the places listed below)
Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA)
Greater London Authority (GLA)
Liverpool City Region (LCR)
North of Tyne Combined Authority (Newcastle, Northumberland and North Tyneside)
West of England Combined Authority (WECA- Bristol)
West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA - Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, and Walsall)
West Yorkshire Combined Authority (Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield, and the City of York)