Are you passionate about your community? Do you want to unlock the potential of local people and create opportunities for them?
By joining a WEA Local Advisory Panel, you could play a critical role in helping the largest adult education charity in the UK understand local need and do just that.
Many think technical skills and higher education are the solution to their community’s challenges. But approachable, friendly education in core employability and community engagement skills could just unlock the confidence, team-working, talent and interest of local adults and are just as important.
The WEA’s mission is to bring adult education in reach of everyone who needs it, fighting inequality and promoting social justice.
We believe in creating opportunities. You could help us understand and respond to the areas of greatest need local to you.
- Passionate individuals: We seek individuals who are deeply passionate about the success of their local community or business and the importance of education to achieve this.
- Diverse perspectives: We believe that the power of collective wisdom lies in embracing diversity. We welcome individuals from various industries, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Expertise: We particularly value prior experience of WEA learning, but this is not essential. Experience in the following would be hugely valuable too: Work in the education, voluntary or public sector, business or commercial, fundraising or marketing, finance or law, HR or learning & development.
- Collaborative spirit: We are keen to recruit those able to work effectively within a team, listen actively, and constructively contribute to discussions.
- Active advocacy: We are looking for people with an interest in forging meaningful and productive connections with community organisations, employers and local leaders to advance the WEA’s mission to bring education in reach.
Join one of our Local Advisory Panels as a volunteer and shape the future of adult education near you. Together, we will create a better tomorrow for the communities we serve.
Full role details can be seen here.
To apply, please complete this form / the form below. If you would like to discuss this opportunity or receive any assistance with your application, please email [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your application and embarking on this transformative journey together!