Who we are
The WEA has been providing high-quality educational opportunities to communities since 1903. Today, our Vision, Mission and Values inform everything we do.
“A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society”
- Raising educational aspirations
- Bringing great teaching and learning to local communities
- Ensuring there is always an opportunity for adults to return to learning
- Developing educational opportunities for the most disadvantaged
- Involving students and supporters as members to build an education movement for social purpose
- Inspiring students, teachers and members to become active citizens
Approach to Education and Learning
The WEA is committed to adult education for social purpose and to achieve social justice. To find out more, click here to download the WEA Approach to Education and Learning.
We deliver our mission by developing partnerships to meet individual and collective needs, using active learning and a student centred approach in which teachers and students work as equals. We constantly strive to adapt our services to meet people’s needs, making full use of technology.