The WEA is committed to encouraging Diversity and Equality, and welcomes applications from disabled people and from members of ethnic minority groups.
Becoming a WEA Tutor
The WEA is always interested to hear from qualified tutors across England and Scotland. Our tutors are paid an hourly rate and employed on a sessional basis. Around 2,000 tutors are employed at any one time to deliver courses in England and Scotland. If you are interested in tutoring with us, you can read more on our Teaching with Us information page. If you would like to make an application to be considered as a tutor, you can apply directly to your local WEA region for inclusion in our “pool” of potential course tutors. This does not guarantee an offer of a course, but your details will be held for consideration when vacancies occur. You can download an application form here.
Jobs at the WEA
The WEA operates through nine Regions in England and a Scottish Association. We employ staff in the areas of education, teaching, management, finance and administration. Vacancies are advertised in national and local media as well as on this page of our website.
The organisation is now looking for an outstanding Deputy Chief Executive & Director for Education. Working closely with the Chief Executive & General Secretary to develop strategic partnerships with government departments, policy think tanks, potential funders and other influencers across the UK, the post-holder will be responsible for shaping and influencing education policy at a national level.
In the absence of the Chief Executive, you will manage the day to day running of the WEA and make decisions on critical incidents which may arise from time to time. Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing clear evidence of outcomes for students which is routinely documented through the Research, Development and Innovation Unit;
• Ensuring the WEA’s education provision meets the outstanding quality standards required, whether set internally or by external agencies;
Advising the Trustees and Senior Management colleagues on education strategy, policy and practice, recommending the WEA’s strategic education plan to the Board;
• Developing and publicly disseminating WEA responses on all relevant aspects of education policy, supported by evidence;
• Ensuring that key management decisions and the allocation of resources support the WEA’s core vision and prioritise high quality teaching, learning and assessment, embracing digital technology;
• Creating lively debate on education and related social issues within and beyond the WEA to reinforce its role as a distinctive and influential educational movement.
If you want to know more about the role or selection process, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/wea or contact our employment agency advisers Green Park via Kai Adams on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 399 3993.
The organisation is now looking for an exceptional Director for Marketing, Membership and Income Growth. Working closely with Education Directors, Regional Education Managers and Business Development Managers, you will be responsible for marketing the WEA’s education offer, opening up new opportunities and diversifying our income streams in an innovative but sustainable manner.
This role will have a critical bearing on the WEA and its future impact. As such, you will bring a proven track record of developing marketing strategies and successfully achieving income generation/fundraising targets, all the while focusing on the value of Adult Education in society and the WEA vision, mission and values.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing and implementing a stretching and sustainable growth & business development plan across all regions;
• Identifying fundraising opportunities, ensuring there is diversification of fundraising objectives;
• Identifying, developing and delivering new income streams and create additional income from existing activities;
• Developing marketing, communications and PR capacity to reach diverse media and audiences and raise WEA profile;
• Identifying key external partners and building relationships, generating new business and developing WEA membership base.
The successful candidate will be an experienced qualified professional, with the ability to lead on the creation, expansion and successful delivery of well-focused fundraising, marketing and business development strategies. You will have achieved income from multiple sources, and demonstrate the capacity to lead a geographically dispersed, multi-disciplinary team to network, engage, build and sustain strong relationships with our external market. Innovative and entrepreneurial, you will have the skills to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders and inspire them to actively contribute to the WEA’s activities.
If you want to know more about the role or selection process, please visit our microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/wea or contact our employment agency advisers Green Park via Kai Adams on email@example.com or 0207 399 3993.