If you are claiming the following income assessed benefits and meet the general eligibility you will be eligible for free tuitions
- You have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
- You are aged 19 years or older on 31st August 2021.
Eligibility relating to Income Related Benefits:
- Claiming Job Seeker's Allowance (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming Universal Credit and earn less than £345 per month or household earns less than £552 per month (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming or are dependent on someone who claims Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy discount)
- Claiming Working Tax Credit
- Claiming Income Support
- Claiming Pension Guarantee Credit
- Claiming or are dependent on someone who claims Housing Benefit
- Claiming Asylum in the UK. As an Asylum Seeker you will need to have been a resident in the UK for six months or longer, have an Application Registration Card (ARC) or Standard Acknowledgement letter (SAL) and a current Asylum Support Agreement from UK Visas and Immigration.
Alternatively you may be eligible for support if you are:
- Earning a Low Wage. You will need to be employed or self-employed and earn meet the eligibility set by the ESFA/ Region or Mayoral combined Authority you live in. For more information please visit Learners in receipt of low wage and free tuition fees.
- From a household (who you live with e.g. partner or family members) where income is below £21,000 (£21,157.50 for GLA only), you may be eligible for the Discretionary Learner Support.
If you are not sure of your status or need further information, contact our Student Support team by email: [email protected] or by calling 0300 303 3464.