The Working Well Project Carlisle and Eden
Working Well is a 2 year project operating from July 2017 to July 2019 (last referrals will be taken in March 2019). The project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
Working Well is funded on the basis of doing something different: seeking new ways to work with individuals who are ‘facing multiple and complex barriers to employment and who are furthest removed from the labour market’.
Who We Work With
Unemployed or economically inactive adults across Carlisle and Eden; focussed in Belle Vue, Botcherby, Castle, Denton Holme, Morton, St Aidans, Upperby, Alston Moor, Penrith East and West.
Access to the project will be dependent on all of the following :
- Identity - an individual can prove their identity and legal entitlement to work in the UK.
- Status - an individual can verify their employment status.
- Benefit - together with the referrer an individual can identify benefits from participation.
What We Offer
Time and space for people to :
- Connect – with family, neighbours and their community.
- Be active – do things, physical and mental.
- Take notice – of the world around and how we are in it.
- Learn – more about ourselves and what we have to offer.
- Give – to put learning into practice.
How We Will Do It
We offer individual and group based packages on a voluntary basis. Moving beyond information, advice and guidance we will provide opportunities for people to develop confidence and competencies through a range of experiential and practical situations.
What Will Participants Get
By the end of their time with the project participants will be able to demonstrate :
- improvements in their health and wellbeing,
- greater confidence in managing their finances,
- a more active role in their community,
- active engagement with employment or training,
- ability and awareness of how to improve local service delivery.
For more information, or to refer someone to the project, please contact Helen Robinson on 07985 107 527 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org