Adult Community Learning
Into Work, Health and Well-being, Teaching and Training skills, Schools and Parenting, Community Interpreting, Volunteering Skills, Digital Skills
£24.50 per hour + Benefits
Are you a first-rate tutor or trainer? Can you help Britain’s leading adult education charity change people’s lives?
We are the WEA, a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We currently require sessional tutors in a number of locations across the country to deliver accredited and non-accredited programmes within our pathways. All pathway courses have a set of teaching resources. You can view the WEA pathways on our website https://www.wea.org.uk/get-involved/pathways
· Into Work (Employability skills – we welcome applicants with experience of working in or teaching retail, health and social care, support work in schools, hospitality, volunteering, STEMM)
· Schools and Parenting
· Community Interpreting
· Health and Well Being
· Teaching and Training Adults
· Digital skills
You will need:
- A teaching or training qualification at least at Level 3
- Experience of teaching or training adults
- Up to date knowledge of a sector or subject area
- A strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve your teaching practice
- Experience of working with diverse adults
WEA assumes you will be excited by using digital technology both in the classroom with the student and to manage course administration and communication. Annualised and term time contracts are available for suitable applicants.
You will be required to have a basic or enhanced DBS check to teach in certain venues or with certain student groups. Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
For further information please visit http://www.wea.org.uk/tutors/work-us
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
When applying, please can you also include details of the subject(s) and geographical area(s) that you are willing/able to teach in.
If you have any specific questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to the relevant person to respond.
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.