New blog series explains WEA Manifesto
The WEA is launching a series of five blog posts by CEO Simon Parkinson to explain the manifesto in the Impact Report.
The manifesto outlines ways the Government can minimise the inequalities through adult education by helping vulnerable and disadvantaged adults to create a more equal and sustainable society.
Simon Parkinson said:
“Each blog post explains in detail why our five Government ‘asks’ matter and outline the options available. The contents of these points shape our Autumn campaign and build on the levelling-up momentum.”
The five blogs will be released over the next few days ahead of the Comprehensive Spending Review. The themes are:
- Create a distinct fund for adults who need essential employability skills
- Maintain the current level of funding for adult education prioritising essential skills
- Remove the economic skills trap that creates barriers to study for the disadvantaged
- Launch a national awareness campaign of adult learning financial support
- Legislate that Specialist Designated Institutions have equal rights to grant funding