The WEA relies on its members in all aspects of our work and has a strategic priority to Invest in our people. This means increasing investment in developing volunteers, the membership and governance.
Our ambition for what we want to achieve
- Reach new students through our members, volunteers and branches
- Modernise our democratic processes and empower our members
- Embed and further develop our member offer
- Rejuvenate our local committee structures, offering roles which appeal more widely
What we are doing
- Investing in growth, with a refreshed and more consistent approach to our marketing and communications so that more people experience One WEA
- Investing in digital capability so that people can participate in a variety of different ways, including online and through multi-centre events such as the recent member event
- Revising the articles and regulations so that the motions passed by conference can be implemented with Trustee approval
- Developing new volunteering opportunities that use and develop individuals’ skills and interests
Any questions please contact us.