Welcome to Walthamstow WEA Branch page. The Workers’ Educational Association is the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. Although we are one of the younger branches (formed in 2005) our links with the WEA go back to 1922. Walthamstow is a lively area of North East London and is the home of the award-winning William Morris Gallery. We have class members from all parts of Waltham Forest and elsewhere.
We run courses for adults in a variety of subjects. Recent classes have covered theatre studies, history, literature, archaeology, anthropology and philosophy. The courses are given by professional tutors, offer people the chance to acquire new knowledge and to meet others with similar interests. No previous knowledge of the topics is necessary.
In addition, in the summer we run several one-off educational activities including visits to theatres, museums and galleries plus film shows or talks. And we have at least one well attended social where everyone gets a chance to continue those conversations we never finish in the class coffee break.
Our classes take place in Walthamstow and can easily be accessed by bus or train followed by a short walk.
To enrol click here, or call on 0300 303 3464 (Mon-Fri 0900-1700).
- The Greenleaf Centre, 67-69 Greenleaf Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 6QP
- It is a short walk from Walthamstow Central Station. (Victoria Line and London Overground) Buses 97, 34, 215, 275, 357 and 123 all pass close by.
- This venue has disabled access and parking is available on the street outside with a permit available from the Centre for £3.
- We run a theatre studies course here on Tuesday mornings in the Autumn, Spring and some Summer terms.
- Shern Hall Methodist Church, Shernhall Street, Walthamstow, London E17 9HX
- This venue has disabled access and a free car park.
- It is a short walk from Wood Street Station (London Overground). Buses W16 and W12 stop outside.
- We run a history or humanities course here on Tuesday evenings in the Autumn and Spring terms.