Welcome to the Ilford at Gants Hill and Redbridge WEA branch page. Ilford is one of the oldest branches of the WEA, founded in 1904 by Albert Mansbridge, the founder of the WEA.
Literature, History and Art Appreciation courses are staples of the Ilford WEA, with other classes introduced each year. The courses are held in both the day time and the evening at the venues you can see below. All of the venues have superb transport links.
During the winter period a series of London Walks are run, with meeting points in central London. In May each year a residential literature course is held at Debden House in Epping Forest in partnership with Newham Council.
Socialising is an important part of the WEA, to facilitate this an annual coach trip is organised to a small town and stately home. Our AGM, hosted in April, is also a social occasion as there are refreshments and a guest speaker. Friends and relatives are encouraged to attend our social events, and also to give our classes a go!
To enrol click here, or call on 0300 303 3464 (Mon-Fri 0900-1700).
- The Drive Methodist Church, Eastern Avenue, Redbridge, Essex, IG4 5A
- The venue lies between the Redbridge and Gants Hill underground stations
- The 66, 145, 366 and N8 buses stop just outside the venue
- Redbridge Institute of Adult Education, Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6TD
- The venue is a 5 minute walk away from the Gants Hill underground station.
- The 128, 150, 167, 667 and N8 buses stop a 2 minute walk from the venue. Alight on Cranbrook Road