Not sure about what’s the best career for you? Find some information that can help you learn more about the type of jobs you might like or not. The assessments suggested give you the opportunity to explore your employability skills, interests, and motivations, and they can be a good starting point. Take the assessments and check out your responses as they can generate some career ideas suitable for your skills.
- National Careers service skills health test
- My Career Springboard
- Prospects Career planner (ideal for graduates)
Here are some additional links that can give you an insight into job types, handy information in career planning or on enhancing your employability skills.
- Careers Box - Careers box is the national careers film library, a free careers resource showing hundreds of real people doing real jobs.
- Start - An Online platform that helps students transition from education to employment and promote the importance of employability.
- Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) - Locally-owned partnerships between local authorities and businesses. They play a central role in determining local economic priorities and undertaking activities to drive economic growth and the creation of local jobs.
- Prospects - Experts in graduate careers. They help to guide students and graduates to a bright future with unrivaled information, advice, and opportunities.
- Apprenticeships - This website provides information on apprenticeships and current apprenticeship vacancies.