If your course is not free, you may still be entitled to a free or reduced cost course. 

General eligibility:

  • You have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years 
  • You are aged 19 years or older on 31st August 2021.

Eligibility relating to Income Related Benefits

You may not have to pay the course fee if you are:

  1. Claiming Job Seeker's Allowance (you must provide your NI Number)
  2. Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group (you must provide your NI Number)
  3. Claiming Universal Credit and earn less than £338 per month or household earns less than £541 per month (you must provide your NI Number)
  4. Claiming or are dependent on someone who claims Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy discount)
  5. Claiming Working Tax Credit
  6. Claiming Income Support
  7. Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Support Group
  8. Claiming Pension Guarantee Credit
  9. Claiming Asylum in the UK.  As an Asylum Seeker you will need to have been a resident in the UK for six months or longer, have an Application Registration Card (ARC) or Standard Acknowledgement letter (SAL) and a current Asylum Support Agreement from UK Visas and Immigration.  
  10. Unwaged and dependent on somebody in receipt of one of the above benefits (excluding Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit).

NB: If you are not in receipt of any of the above income-related benefits, but your household income is below £21,000, you may still be eligible to apply for some support: click on 'can I get help with other costs?' below.   

If you are not sure of your status or need further information, contact our Student Support team on 0300 303 3464.

Funding Logos