If your course is not free, you may still be entitled to a free or reduced cost course.
- You have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
- You are aged 19 years or older on 1st September 2018.
Eligibility relating to Income Related Benefits
You may not have to pay the course fee if you are:
- Claiming Job Seeker's Allowance (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming Universal Credit and earn less than £338 per month or household earns less than £541 per month (you must provide your NI Number)
- Claiming or are dependent on someone who claims Council Tax Reduction (not single occupancy discount)
- Claiming Working Tax Credit
- Claiming Income Support
- Claiming Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Support Group
- Claiming or are dependent on someone who claims Housing Benefit
- Claiming Pension Guarantee Credit
- Claiming Asylum in the UK. As an Asylum Seeker you will need to have been a resident in the UK for six months or longer, have an Application Registration Card (ARC) or Standard Acknowledgement letter (SAL) and a current Asylum Support Agreement from UK Visas and Immigration.
- Unwaged and dependent on somebody in receipt of one of the above benefits (excluding Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit).
NB: If you are not in receipt of any of the above income-related benefits, but your household income is below £20,000, you may still be eligible to apply for some support. Click on 'can I get help with other costs?' below.
If you are not sure of your status or need further information, contact the Student Support team on 0300 303 3464.