Sessional Tutors – Everyday Skills Courses- Dorset
£24.50 per hour + benefits
Are you a first-rate tutor or trainer? Can you help Britain’s leading adult education charity change people’s lives?
We are the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools and libraries.
We are looking for inspiring tutors to deliver courses for Adults with learning difficulties and disabilities in Verwood and surrounding areas. These courses will provide every day skills teaching to adults and your role will involve planning and delivering courses and managing course administration and communication. If you are interested in working with adults to improve their skills in this area then we would love to hear from you!
What you will need:
- Ideally a teaching qualification (CertEd/PGCE/DTLLS) or have experience in Further Education or Adult Community Learning
- Experience of teaching this course subject (everyday skills)
- Up to date subject or sector knowledge
- Experience of working in community settings with diverse students
- A strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice
- Experience of delivering accredited courses if you want to teach these
Please visit http://www.wea.org.uk/tutors/work-us and apply directly by sending your CV to email@example.com
When applying, please can you also include details of the subject(s) and geographical area(s) that you are willing/able to teach in.
You will be required to have a basic or enhanced DBS check to teach in certain venues or with certain student groups.
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
If you have any specific questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to the relevant person to respond.
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.