We are looking for inspiring tutors who have experience of successfully working with adults to create and run craft and jewellery making courses in the Telford area.
We are the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We need tutors with:
- a teaching qualification at least at Level 3
- experience of teaching craft and jewellery making courses to students at all levels from beginners to more advanced
- experience of delivering accredited courses or a willingness to develop these skills
- experience of working in community settings with diverse students
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- a desire to share and improve teaching practice
WEA assumes you will be excited by using digital technology both in the classroom with the student and to manage course administration and communication. If you have experience of teaching in this area then we would love to hear from you! To apply please email us a copy of your CV to email@example.com
You will be required to have a basic or enhanced DBS check to teach in certain venues or with certain student groups.
If you have any specific questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to the relevant person to respond.