Project Engine - The Midlands Engine: Innovative English Language
£24.50 per hour + benefits
The WEA is an educational charity delivering responsive, relevant and accessible programmes of learning across England and Scotland. Through our vision of employability, health and wellbeing, community engagement and cultural studies, we raise the educational aspirations of local communities.
Working in Partnership with The Midlands Engine: Innovative English Language Skills Pilots Project we are seeking to recruit session tutors to support with this pilot project. This is a developmental pilot project that focuses on highly qualified refugees and migrants who are unemployed or in low paid in the UK due to a lack of language skills. WEA will test a programme of intensively delivered English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) that is contextualised to the UK workplace and Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) priority sectors.
We need tutors with:
- up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching to diverse student groups
- experience of working in community settings
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism (ideally also at level 5)
- experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
For more information prior to this event, please visit http://www.wea.org.uk/tutors/work-us
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.