English, Maths, or ESOL
£24.50 per hour + benefits
We are urgently looking for inspiring English, Maths and ESOL tutors who have experience of successfully working with adults to develop their skills to deliver a planned programme of courses in the Bristol area. We would love to hear from you if you would like to join us.
We are the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA); a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be Outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We need tutors with:
- up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching the ESOL and/or Functional Skills curricula to diverse student groups
- experience of working in community settings
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism (ideally also at level 5)
- experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
Interested? Please come to our tutor recruitment event on Wednesday 14th March at our Bristol office from 1pm to 4pm, where you will have the opportunity to meet members of the team and ask any questions you have. The event will consist of a short presentation, followed by a group task and then individual formal interviews.
For more information prior to this event, please visit http://www.wea.org.uk/tutors/work-us
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.