We are The WEA, a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We are currently looking to begin BSL courses on Tuesday evenings in the Bristol area and are looking for inspiring tutors who have experience in teaching British Sign Language
When applying, please can you also include details of the subject(s) and geographical area(s) that you are willing/able to teach in.
We need tutors with:
- a teaching qualification at least at Level 3 (ideally level 5 for ESOL, English & Maths
- accredited British Sign Language Level 1 and 2
- experience of the relevant subject area(s)
- up to date subject or sector knowledge
- experience of working in community settings with diverse students
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- a desire to share and improve teaching practice
- experience of delivering accredited courses if you want to teach these
WEA assumes you will be excited by using digital technology both in the classroom with the student and to manage course administration and communication. Annualised and term time contracts are available for suitable applicants.
You will be required to have a basic or enhanced DBS check to teach in certain venues or with certain student groups.
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
Interested? Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For further information please contact Kathryn Whitehead on KWhitehead@wea.org.uk.