Jewellery Making and Aromatherapy
£24.50 per hour + benefits
We are urgently looking for inspiring tutors of Jewellery Making and Aromatherapy, who have experience of successfully working with adults to develop their skills to deliver a planned programme of courses in the West Yorkshire area. We would love to hear from you if you would like to join us.
We are the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA); a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be Outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We need tutors with:
- up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching Aromatherapy or Jewellery Making to diverse student groups
- experience of working in community settings
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism
- experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
If you are interested in these roles, please apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com
For more information please visit http://www.wea.org.uk/tutors/work-us
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.