All posts at the WEA will support the vision for "A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
Lead the delivery of the WEA’s Strategic & Financial Sustainability Programme. Scoping each project through assessment of requirements and resource allocation and management through to delivery to ensure successfully met targets and outcomes within time, budget, scope and quality. Advise the organisation on resource requirements and capacity and take a lead in the design of an appropriate programme of work to deliver the portfolio of projects to meet organisational cost savings by the 31 July 2019 and beyond as appropriate
- Orchestration and oversight of full end to end delivery of programmes and projects.
- Define requirements, ensuring alignment with vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future aim and objectives and translating these into appropriate work streams and plans
- Facilitate effective collaboration and lead communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet user and funder (as applicable) needs
- Challenging constructively and acting as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose and within capacity and capability availability
- Lead on capacity assessments and effective prioritisation, deployment and allocation of resources, taking account of current and planned activities
- Lead on strategic project initiation and approval activities, ensuring all relevant parts of the organisation are engaged at input stage as appropriate and that scoping, budget, benefits and other considerations are captured and applied
- Lead and line manage the Programme and Projects Support Officer.
- Ensure high standards of governance are applied across all programme and project activities including the identification and management of conflicts, impacts, risks and issues Management of programme(s) budget
- Lead the monitoring framework to ensure timely and accurate reporting from each work stream / project, and track progress against the overall plans.
- Design and oversee programme communication, stakeholder engagement and change management strategies and plans for strategic projects.
- Proactively support on developing and championing a continuous improvement and learning culture and develop the function as a recognised ‘centre of excellence’
- Undertake such duties as reasonably requested by your Line Manager
If you have the experience and skills above we would like to hear from you, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org