“A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
The WEA is the UKs largest voluntary sector provider of adult education in England and Scotland. We offer a generous 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays in addition to closing Christmas week (pro-rata for part-time staff), together with a pension scheme (subject to eligibility).
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Finance Team in the role of Financial Support Manager reporting to a Head of Finance & Business Planning.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they can take the lead on the organisation’s financial planning activity, including budget development, budget monitoring and forecasting. The role also comprises overseeing and enhancing costing methodologies, and managing internal and external benchmarking reviews. The Financial Support Manager will ensure staff throughout the organisation work to a required framework, having the necessary level of financial understanding.
If you can answer Yes to the following then send us your CV with a covering letter.
- Do you have significant experience of working in a similar role?
- Do you have significant experience of leading Financial Planning?
- Do you have significant management accounting experience including budgeting, planning and forecasting?
- Do you have previous experience of operating at a senior level?
- Do you have experience of grant funding, bid writing and financial project management?
- Can you demonstrate experience of managing staff, motivating and developing teams, including performance management?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills?
- Do you have exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and prioritise?
To apply for this role, please submit your summary CV together with your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) to email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.