The Workers’ Educational Association is the UKs largest voluntary sector provider of adult education in England and Scotland. We offer a generous 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays in addition to closing Christmas week (pro-rata for part-time staff), together with a pension scheme (subject to eligibility). Our working week is 35 hours.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Finance Team in the role of Finance Officer reporting to a Finance Business Partner (FBP).
The successful applicant will provide support to their FBP in the financial management of their Business Areas. This will include assisting with the monthly management accounts, maintaining accuracy of the ledgers, budget setting and closedown.
You will also be responsible for reconciliation, maintenance and submission of grant claims.
If you can answer Yes to the following then send us your CV with a covering letter.
- Do you have significant experience of working in a similar role?
- Are you able to work accurately and keep to deadlines?
- Do you have good quality IT skills particularly Excel (computer database packages, Microsoft packages Outlook, Word & Excel)?
- Are you educated to NVQ level 3 qualifications or can demonstrate equivalent experience?
- Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Please ensure that your CV and covering letter is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, we encourage you to apply in advance of the closing date of noon on 25th April, as we reserve the right to close this vacancy when we have received sufficient number of applications.
Further information and job description for the above posts are available electronically from our website http://www.wea.org.uk/search/jobs