All posts at the WEA will support the vision for "A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
To lead the Association’s financial planning activity, including budget development, forecasting and budget monitoring. Ensure that the finance function adopts a business partnering approach to support all aspects of the Association financial planning.
To ensure staff throughout the Association work to a required framework and have the necessary level of financial understanding to carry out their job.
- Lead on the financial management and risk assessment of all contracts and grants, ensuring funds are costed correctly, managed effectively and accurately reported.
- Lead on reviewing, developing, maintaining and implementing effective financial management systems and procedures to facilitate detailed scrutiny of financial performance and greater control over expenditure and income.
- Lead on the provision of strategic support and advice to internal stakeholders to enable best practice financial planning and budget management, including branches and volunteers.
- Ensure all direct reports add value to the income generating activities and provide the right level of support to ensure consistency and accuracy of bids.
- Establish and lead on cost allocation methodologies to ensure that there is transparency with a clear understanding of the Association-wide cost base, and an ability to reflect this ‘full cost’ in project bids.
- Develop unit costing methodologies and manage internal and external benchmarking reviews.
- Lead on value for money reviews across all aspects of the Association’s cost base.
- Support internal stakeholders in the development of funding bids, ensuring they are assessed for risk and financial implications and be aware of on-going funding opportunities.
- Responsible for all aspects of people management within the direct reports.
- Accountable for identifying operational and contractual risks within the function and to work with internal stakeholders to mitigate against significant risks.
Undertake such duties as reasonably requested by your Line Manager.