We are looking for inspiring ESOL tutors who have experience of successfully working with adults to develop their skills. We would love to hear from you if you would like to join us.
We are the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA); a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be Outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
We need tutors with:
• Up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching the ESOL and/or Functional skills curricula to diverse student groups
• Experience of working in community settings
• A strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
• A recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism (ideally also at level 5)
• Experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Our students come from every walk of life, and we want to be as diverse as they are, so we are keen to hear from candidates from minority backgrounds. However, it’s not about where you’ve come from so much as what you can contribute: we need someone with great organisational skills, good project/contract administration experience and excellent and accurate IT skills. Needless to say, you will be self-motivated, team-spirited and very flexible, and you will be ready to make your mark from day one.
To apply for this role, you will need to submit a cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) which details how you meet the requirements set out in the Job Description together with a CV.
Please ensure that your completed application is emailed to email@example.com, we encourage you to apply in advance of the given closing date as we reserve the right to close this vacancy when we have received sufficient number of applications
WEA is proud to be a Living Wage Employer