We are looking for inspiring English, Maths and ESOL tutors who have experience of successfully working with adults to develop their skills. We would love to hear from you if you would like to join us.
We are the WEA, a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. We were recently rated “Good” in all categories by Ofsted and we aspire to be Outstanding. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities. We run courses in community venues such as workplaces, schools, libraries and even the local pub!
- up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching the Maths, English or ESOL curricula to diverse student groups
- experience of working in community settings
- a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
- a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed) ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism (ideally also at level 5)
- experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups.
If you have any specific questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to the relevant person to respond.
Please note this is an ongoing vacancy.