About the role - We are looking to recruit a Digital Marketing Manager who is looking for a new challenge. This is a great time to make the role your own with flexibility, job variety and the need for creativity. All this and in the heart of Shoreditch, London, with a great benefits package and a lovely bunch of work colleagues.
The digital marketing manager will play a vital role in the development and delivery of the overall marketing and communications strategy, aligning to the new WEA 2025 strategy, launching November 2018.
The post holder will be responsible for managing digital marketing across the whole charity with direct line management responsibility (which ideally this manager would support the recruitment for).
About the WEA - The WEA is a unique charity and the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. With a clear vision and a strong social purpose, we bring great teaching to local communities, with life-changing courses held in community centres, workplaces and schools. Since 1903, we have been giving disadvantaged people the opportunity to return to learning – inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We see education as a tool for social justice, not just self-improvement, and we pride ourselves on making learning accessible.
All posts at the WEA will support the vision for "A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.”
- Responsible for the digital marketing strategy - this role will manage the optimisation of all WEA websites and social channels; increasing online presence; reducing the cost of acquisition; increasing online conversions and optimising the online enrolment/e-commerce function to support regions.
- Management of the new email platform (Dotmailer) and its integration with the new CRM system (Salesforce) with a focus on supporting lead generation and repeat business/retention for regions and to grow the WEA database to support student and partner number growth. Email marketing will play a very important role to the charity and a strong management skillset in this area is a must.
- Management of analytics monitoring across all platforms -tracking of real time student conversions – providing up-to-date product performance monitoring to learn from and optimise (supporting regional product intelligence and marketing spend successes).
- Lead on all web, email, marketing database and social media activity and digital campaigns, and manage the implementation of all national and regional updates across the website with a strong UX focus in line the Association strategy and KPIs.
- Manage all external agencies under the digital marketing remit.
- Mange, build and maintain social media presence for the Association at both national and regional level.
- Manage all SEO/SEM/PPC activity against agreed objectives and utilise Analytics to monitor digital performance.
- Collaborate internally and with external agencies to evaluate and improve performance, experience and engagement. This includes collaborative engagement with key staff in regions and Scotland to review localised performance needs against educational KPIs.
- Keep up-to-date with topical issues in the digital market place, working with Marketing and Business Development to improve WEA’s internal understanding of digital opportunities.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis, making appropriate recommendations in order to raise awareness and build competitive advantage and measure and report performance of all digital marketing activity and assess against goals.
- Undertake such duties as reasonably requested by your manager
About you - You will hold a degree in marketing/ a relevant field or relevant qualifications with experience in digital marketing. You will have demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email marketing and social media campaigns. You will hold strong copy writing skills, as well as experience of working with external agencies and exceptional communication and team working skills.
To apply for this role please send us your CV and cover letter stating how you meet the person specification to email@example.com. We encourage applicants to apply in advance of the closing day as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Deadline: Dec 3rd
The WEA is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and awarded IIP status.