Teaching and Training Adults Pathway
What are the WEA Pathways and how can they help your organisation?
- Are you looking for an adult educational provider to deliver training?
- Does your organisation work with communities?
- Are you involved in adult education, lifelong learning and/or upskilling adults?
At the WEA we work in partnership with hundreds of community organisations, employers and trade unions across England and Scotland -delivering adult education ‘within reach’ of local communities.
The WEA pathways have been developed as our new partner programme offering a range of courses tailored to suit you.
We can run tasters which give you a flavour of the WEA organisation and student learning experience with the opportunity to work with us further with our WEA Pathways.
We deliver these tasters in partnership with local councils and homeless charities.
The Teaching and Training Adults Pathway provides opportunities to explore the skills needed to teach or train adults in the community or at work. The pathway leads to a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in Education and Training for Adults, the minimum needed for work in many education organisations.
The Get Started range of courses and tasters aim to build confidence and self-esteem. Students can move to the Develop range of courses. Some students may wish to start at the Develop stage.
Get Started with our tasters
- Introduction to teaching adults in the community: Explore how adults learn and why teaching in the community can be so rewarding
- Presentation skills: Discover how to impart knowledge to others in an interesting way
- What is mentoring? Explore the key skills and qualities needed for mentoring
Develop your skills further with our courses
- Introduction to facilitating adult learning: This course aims to give participants an introduction to some of the skills and knowledge needed for teaching adults. Non accredited level 2 course
- Introduction to mentoring: Explore the role of a mentor and develop mentoring skills
- Confidence to Study: Identify key study skills for further study at level 3 and above
- An Introduction to teaching adults in the community: This level 3 course has been devised by the WEA to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to teach in an adult learning environment
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training: This is for anyone wishing to gain a nationally recognised teaching qualification in the lifelong learning sector
- Level 2 Award in Mentoring (60 hours): This qualification aims to equip students with a deeper understanding of the mentoring role including the legal and ethical responsibilities of a mentor
Interested in the Teaching and Training Adults Pathway? Email [email protected] to get more information or download our Teaching and Training Adults leaflet.