About Money Sorted in D2N2
Money Sorted in D2N2 provides support and personally tailored interventions for people experiencing the greatest financial difficulty. It will enable individuals to take control, build their confidence and skills and help them tackle barriers and problems in order to improve their financial well-being.
Who is it for?
People of working age who are experiencing financial difficulties and exclusion, who are unemployed or economically inactive and living in Derby City, Derbyshire, Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire (D2N2) areas.
What does the project provide?
- Personal Navigator providing individual support
- Assessment of financial well-being
- Personal Financial Resilience Plan
- Support with current financial circumstances, including debt, benefits, banking and any other aspects
- Financial capability support/ training, tailored to the needs of the participant
- An option for an accredited Money Mentor Programme
- Other support, as relevant to the participant
- It will also help in moving people toward training or employment
What does the WEA offer?
We provide 700 hours of training on a menu of financial capability topics such as Planning a Budget, Comparing Credit, Introduction to Tenancy, Debt Awareness, Universal Credit, Computer Skills for budgeting, Building Confidence and Cooking on a Budget.
We also deliver an accredited Level 2 mentoring course for the Money Mentor Programme.
How is the project funded?
‘Money Sorted in D2N2’ is a three year project funded as part of the Building Better Opportunities programme in D2N2. This project is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
How do I make a referral?
If you would like support from this project or if you are an organisation working with someone who may be interested please refer to the project’s website: http://moneysortedind2n2.org/
Shannon Burns, Project Organiser, 0115 962 8400, email@example.com
Carly Hughes, Administration and Compliance Officer, 0115 962 8400, firstname.lastname@example.org