Do you work in an education setting with pupils who have special educational needs and disabilities – or are you interested in pursuing this as a career? If so – why not sign up for our short taster course – to help increase your knowledge or to see if this could be the right career path for you. In this course learners will find out about the range of special needs that are commonly found in an educational setting and strategies that are used to help every pupils be as happy and successful as possible.
This is a taster course to support people new to working with pupils with special educational needs and those who might be interested in pursuing this as a career.
By the end of the course participants will have an understanding of;
· Ways that educational settings try to be as inclusive as possible
· The importance of inclusive learning
· Understand the impact of societal and cultural influences on individuals with conditions categorised as SEND
· Understand sources of support for individuals with SEND and their families
· Current best practice and legislation about integrating pupils with special educational needs
· The importance of mental health and well being
· Education, health and care plans – their purpose and process
· Common needs found in educational settings and strategies that can be successful in supporting such pupils including autism, ADHD, global delay, speech delay, down syndrome, sound and visual difficulties and mobility issues
· Career options for working with pupils with special educational needs
What financial support is available?
We don't want anything to stand in your way when it comes to bringing Adult learning within reach so if you need anything to support you to achieve your goals then speak to one of our education experts during your enrolment journey.
Most of our courses are government funded but if you don't qualify or need alternative financial help to access them then let us know.
What other support is available?
All of our digital content, teaching and learning activities and assessments are designed to be accessible so if you need any additional support you can discuss this with the education experts during your enrolment journey and we will do all we can to make sure you have optimal access.