Education Coordinator - London
£25,586 - £29,726
Place of work:
Purpose of the role:
Do you want to work somewhere that no two days are the same,
where you make a difference to people`s lives?
...And one that values yours?
Yes? Work for us - The WEA. Create real change, and be a part of something bigger.
We have a new and exciting role for a Education Coordinator.
Key areas of responsibility:
1. Develop, manage and organise education provision and WEA activity in a local or themed area in line with Association`s aspirations for students and in compliance with WEA quality and target monitoring and reporting requirements.
2. Manage, monitor and report on programme quality with reference to curriculum and quality improvement plans and WEA quality framework as required.
3. Participate in local networks and develop strong relationships with partners for the benefit of WEA students, members, volunteers and the local community.
4. Identify potential new opportunities for developing provision including funding for new work.
5. Manage a team of WEA tutors, including observations of Teaching, Learning and Assessment (OTLAs), tutor performance management, tutor recruitment and tutor training and development.
6. Coordinate and support WEA branch volunteers to develop WEA programmes of delivery.
7. Manage delivery of one or more specified key specialist tasks as agreed in annual work plan and described in specialist task guidance.
8. Specialist tasks which may be undertaken as part of the Education Coordinator role (maximum of 4): ,-
- Manage small projects which meet the needs of students in line with the relevant contractual requirements and within budget. ,-
- Teach WEA programmes in a specialist subject or theme area.
- Coordinate and support a team of WEA volunteers including delivering induction, training and development opportunities; create new volunteering opportunities for the benefit of the WEA.
- Manage internal quality assurance of EME/accredited or other specific provision.
- Provide expertise on an area/areas of student support such as Information and Advice, use of support funds (DLS/LS), progression and recognition.
- Support and deliver WEA tutor development including delivery of teaching qualifications and CPD.
- Develop new fully funded programmes to grow WEA delivery in an area or theme.
- Lead implementation of WEA national programme in an area.
- Provide a lead on aspects of communications, marketing or publicity to increase student and stakeholder engagement may be optional depending on regional requirements.
9. Undertake such duties as reasonably requested by your manager.
All posts at the WEA will support the vision for `A better world - equal, democratic and just; through adult education the WEA challenges and inspires individuals, communities and society.â€
The post holder will be responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of a specified programme of educational provision with the focus on an outstanding student experience. Working to an agreed work plan and as part of an area team, the post holder will support and manage tutors, work with volunteers, branches and members to deliver education provision within a themed or geographical location.
The post holder will have responsibility for local partnerships and for identifying potential business development opportunities in line with regional objectives. She/he may have responsibility for identified specialist aspects of regional education provision, communications, quality and teaching.
She/he will be expected to represent the WEA and promote both the Association and the value of adult education in their area.
For more information about this position please open the following document/s:
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.