Be a part of our learning community and movement that helps to bring adult learning within the reach of more people than ever before.
WEA membership costs just £15 a year, and is free if you’re under 25, a current WEA volunteer, or receive a means-tested benefit.
By becoming a member, you will be able to:
- Access to our popular weekly members’ lecture series, giving you the chance to learn from our network of expert tutors and connect with others from the comfort of your own home
- Get priority online and telephone booking for autumn courses
- Make great savings with discounts at local and national retailers*
- Receive Highway magazine and access back issues to stay updated on the work we’re doing and how you’re helping to make a difference
- Attend our members’ annual conference and some of our local meetings and events for free (more details below)
WEA Annual Conference 2021 - for members only!
Join us at this year’s annual WEA conference to be inspired, learn in innovative ways, and network with fellow members and tutors. Be there in person, at the Leeds Metropole Hotel, or register to follow the event online.
What’s more, it is free to members, within the £15 annual membership fee – more than a bargain!
We’ve got great speakers from the WEA, the Open University, Leeds University and Royal Holloway London University showcasing best-practice in teaching and learning. In doing so, they will expand your knowledge of Dickens, develop your crafting skills and open your eyes to how to explore the stars and cell structures from your front room. They will also put some bite into the study of philosophy and discuss the WEA’s educational responses to Climate Change.
It’s going to be a thought-provoking and stimulating day. We’re looking forward to seeing you there: become a WEA member today.
Membership applications take approximately 1 week to process.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
Set up a direct debit
Did you know that paying for your membership by direct debit helps reduce our administration costs? You can download the direct debit mandate form from the link below and post it to us. Alternatively, contact our membership team.
When completing the Direct Debit Mandate please ensure you tick your preferred payment date and payment amount choice. Please note the instructions on the mandate for returning it to us.
* Retailer and offers are always subject to change, so keep revisiting your exclusive members website at https://www.wea.org.uk/members-home for the latest incentives.